Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Hot Fuzz gives me a that warm Tingly Feeling




Hot Fuzz is the funniest thing I have seen in a long time.
It mixes all those BBC America Mysteries I like with the Actioners I love like Lethal Weapon.
There is a quaint English town called Samford that has no crime until the new Sheriff comes to town. Nick Angel played by Simon Pegg (Shaun from Shaun) of the dead is the supercop of the moment. Not since Cleavon Little rode into town in Blazing Saddles has 1 policeman - Oh excuse me police officer been such a Catalyst for Change. He won't look away when he sees underage drinking in the local pub. Those lads better look out! Simon Clegg can give Nicole Kidman a run for her crown as palest celebrity. His buddy/Partner is played by a guy who looks exactly like old Lou Costello. I kept waiting for him to Yell out Hey Abbot! That is a good thing by the way.
This movie has more Jokes than you can react too. Sly asides that you can miss if you are not used to the brit accents but I caught most of them since I am fluent in Eastender ( Thank you PBS Channel 21 WLIW I promise to give this Year) . There is also some gore so leave the wee ones at home. You should be at least 10 years old before you see anyone impaled even if it is one of the funniest scenes in the movie.
I can't wait for the DVD this is so worth a second viewing.
Oh and click for HOT FUZZ Pac man

No comments: